Thank You !

I just wanted to add a quick note to thank everyone for their messages and comments. Your words are fueling me everyday as I work my way across this great country. I take nothing for granted; I know how fortunate I am. I count on you not only for my charities but to be with me in spirit everyday of this ride. I look forward to the days ahead and hope you are all doing well.

Update: REY DID IT! Friday, July 25, at 12:42 p.m., Rey arrived at Little Island Park in Virginia Beach, Va., completing his 3,700 mile journey. He was greeted by friends, co-workers and a group of more than 20 children from three local Boys & Girls Clubs, who thanked him for his fundraising. Congratulations to Rey for an incredible ride!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 4th Fowler, CO to Tribune, KS 133 miles As a group we decided to alter the planned destination of Eads, CO, which we passed 75 miles into the route, and press on for the Kansas border about 45 miles after Eads. So we passed our destination to get as close to the next destination (Scott City, KS) as we could a day ahead of schedule.

The day was sunny and warm, of course, and the wind was cooperating with me today so I was cruising at just about 20 miles per hour. Along the way we met two bikers, Steve and Joe, who are doing the same Transamerica route but will end up at Atlantic City sometime in August. We biked together and crossed the border into Kansas, took some pictures and pressed on to a town called Tribune. Tribune was Steve and Joe’s planned destination, and for our day this would get us about 46 miles west outside of Scott City, KS.

Once we arrived in Tribune and said our goodbyes to Steve and Joe when they were headed off to the local hotel, my team and I discussed getting even closer to Scott City. We had thus far logged 133 miles. I was feeling good and wanted to go for a personal record in one day and finish in Scott City at 175 miles, but my wife Joan and brother-in-law Mark talked me out of it, thinking that I shouldn’t push it.

The next day the plan was to drive back to Tribune and finish the 46 miles to Scott City and take the rest of the day off. The added bonus was the next day, July 6th, was the planned rest day so it looks like I will have a day and a half to rest. I still have that record thing in my head, so who knows? Maybe we can squeeze two ride days into one going forward. Just under 8 hours on the bike today.



No comments: