Thank You !

I just wanted to add a quick note to thank everyone for their messages and comments. Your words are fueling me everyday as I work my way across this great country. I take nothing for granted; I know how fortunate I am. I count on you not only for my charities but to be with me in spirit everyday of this ride. I look forward to the days ahead and hope you are all doing well.

Update: REY DID IT! Friday, July 25, at 12:42 p.m., Rey arrived at Little Island Park in Virginia Beach, Va., completing his 3,700 mile journey. He was greeted by friends, co-workers and a group of more than 20 children from three local Boys & Girls Clubs, who thanked him for his fundraising. Congratulations to Rey for an incredible ride!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

July 19th — Burgin, KY to Booneville, KY — 97 miles Goodbye to the Davis support crew: John from Edelman Financial Services and his 11-year-old daughter Katherine. Our latest SAG (stands for Support and Gear) crew members had to leave today, so we drove them to the airport in Louisville. John and Katherine were with us for 3 days but added much needed support for the entire time they were here with us. Thanks so much, John and Katherine, for joining us and for your help.



It was another hot day in the mid 90s with high humidity. The hills are getting into higher elevations and the grades are getting more severe now that we are at the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. My speed is taking a hit so the days will get a little bit longer to get in the 100 miles for the day. The is the second to last day in Kentucky and the excitement is building as we get closer to the Virginia border. 7 hours on the bike today.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi rey, your getting closer to your destination. we are so proud of you. wish we were there at the finish line to cheer you on. but know we are there in sprit. love you regina and family

Anonymous said...

Hey Rey,
First, I have to say you are amazing and very inspirational in so many ways! I enjoy experiencing your trip through the photos and daily posts. What an amazing trip so far! I can't believe how many miles and climbs you've logged - day after day! You keep me going on those dinky Haymarket hills I used to think were so tough.
Pat's looking forward to joining you. His biking buddies were out of town this weekend, so he was stuck with me - there was no way I was letting him ride on Antioch by himself!
Can't wait to read about when you reach the Virginia border. Keep it up - you're almost home!
Janet

Anonymous said...

Hey Rey,

Take your time and enjoy the last few days of your sabatical. Soon you will be back at work (but with a lifetime of memories). Fortunately, nothing has happened in the real world and the stock market has been very quiet during your absence.
You are truly an inspiration.

Joe and Margaret

Anonymous said...

what is you average speed so far on your ride? How much weight have you lost. You look leaner!