Thank You !

I just wanted to add a quick note to thank everyone for their messages and comments. Your words are fueling me everyday as I work my way across this great country. I take nothing for granted; I know how fortunate I am. I count on you not only for my charities but to be with me in spirit everyday of this ride. I look forward to the days ahead and hope you are all doing well.

Update: REY DID IT! Friday, July 25, at 12:42 p.m., Rey arrived at Little Island Park in Virginia Beach, Va., completing his 3,700 mile journey. He was greeted by friends, co-workers and a group of more than 20 children from three local Boys & Girls Clubs, who thanked him for his fundraising. Congratulations to Rey for an incredible ride!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24th — South Boston, VA to Franklin, VA — 120 miles Very exciting day today! Not only did I have my buds with me from Edelman Financial, but both of them were about to break their own personal one-day riding records. Also, James Baker (we call him JB) wanted to lend a hand by giving my wife the morning off and supporting us for the first 60 miles of the trip. So, all in all, I loved the company, the extra support from JB and the personal records my companion riders set today.

The terrain was much flatter today as we had some rolling hills to work through to get down to 250 ft. in elevation. Both Pat and Anderson put in some great times today, and they marked new one-day mileage records with room to spare. Tomorrow is the big day. I'm not sure how I will feel when we see the coast for the first time. Guess we will have to wait and see. 6.5 hrs on the bike today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ray,

Have been following your ride since the beginning, you ROCK!!!

Would love to hear about your trip preparation and training leading up to your ride as I think I'd like to give it a try in a year or two.

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Rey, you're amazing! You've raised over $100,000 for 2 deserving charities, have pushed yourself to the extreme on the bike, and inspired fellow cyclists to go beyond what they've ever done before. Thank you for sharing your incredible experiences with us. Have a great time tomorrow as you dip that front tire into the Atlantic!
Janet

Anonymous said...

Happy to see you are in the home stretch Rey... what an amazing mental and physical accomplishment! Haymarket is proud to welcome you home :)

Congrats buddy!

Mike

BrickTeller said...

Good luck with the final leg. You'll need it. After riding across Illinois, Wisconsin, Virginia, and Maryland, and living in the Virginia Beach area for the past several years, I'd have to call it one of the most dangerous places I've ridden a bike.

Anonymous said...

REY YOU DID IT, AND WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!! CONGRADS..I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME PICTURES OF YOUR LAST DAY WHEN YOU ARRIVED IN VA. IM SURE IT WAS AWSUME..REST AND RELAXATION SHOULD BE IN YOUR FORCAST..KEEP IN TOUCH..LOVE REGINA AND FAMILY