Thank You !

I just wanted to add a quick note to thank everyone for their messages and comments. Your words are fueling me everyday as I work my way across this great country. I take nothing for granted; I know how fortunate I am. I count on you not only for my charities but to be with me in spirit everyday of this ride. I look forward to the days ahead and hope you are all doing well.

Update: REY DID IT! Friday, July 25, at 12:42 p.m., Rey arrived at Little Island Park in Virginia Beach, Va., completing his 3,700 mile journey. He was greeted by friends, co-workers and a group of more than 20 children from three local Boys & Girls Clubs, who thanked him for his fundraising. Congratulations to Rey for an incredible ride!

Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21st — Pippa Passes , KY to Rosedale, VA — 101 Miles We met the VA border around 11:30 a.m. Yeah! We still have a long way to go: around 420 miles left with 4 days to cover them. Today the grades on the climbs were very severe, averaging over 8% to 15% in some spots, which will give any rider fits in getting over the top of them. It feels great to be in my home state, of course, and I feel like we have accomplished so much getting to this point in the trip. We need to stay focused for the next 3 days, and I should have some buddies joining me in a few days to make the last 2 days more enjoyable.

Tomorrow will be more climbing as we reach 3,000 ft. I look forward to the end of the mountains and the beginning of flatter terrain and lower elevations as we get closer to the ocean. The scenery here is awesome with the mountains getting much larger and elevations reaching 5,000 ft. I'm seeing mountain goats in the lush green mountain pastures with larger mountain summits in the backround. It's beautiful country in southwest Virginia. 8 hours on the bike today.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO REY! GO REY! GO REY! Peddlin on into VA! Way to go! We're chearing LOUDLY here in Haymarket!
We wish we could see you at the finish, just know we'll be thinking of you ALL!

All the BEST!

The Washingtons

BB said...

Welcome Home Buddy!

Anonymous said...

REY,

All I can say is WOW!!!!
Thanks for sharing such a amazing ride!!!
Your blog has been great!!!
Congratulations on such a great accomplishment!!!

With love and smiles.
Eva

Anonymous said...

Mountain goats?

Wow...didn't know we even HAD these living wild in Virginia.

Keep it up, Rey. You're almost there!

Anonymous said...

Go. Go. Go. Savor the last few days, even as you struggle in the #!*@%# mountains of Southwestern Virginia....and remember it's supposed to cool down on Wednesday!!

Wow, what a great accomplishment! It makes me tired just thinking about it...

See you next week!

Deb Smith

Anonymous said...

Rey-
You are a winner to yourself, your family and so many others! Almost home. And almost 100% in both charities! See you soon and you stay in our prayers.
The Frys

Anonymous said...

Rey,

Congrats on your amazing ride and on raising fund for your chosen charities. Just incredible! I'm bummed I can't be there to meet you at the finish line. I'll be in Sante Fe on the day you end your journey. Can't wait to hear more when I return. Best wishes to you and your family. Welcome home!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bring it home Rey!