Thank You !

I just wanted to add a quick note to thank everyone for their messages and comments. Your words are fueling me everyday as I work my way across this great country. I take nothing for granted; I know how fortunate I am. I count on you not only for my charities but to be with me in spirit everyday of this ride. I look forward to the days ahead and hope you are all doing well.

Update: REY DID IT! Friday, July 25, at 12:42 p.m., Rey arrived at Little Island Park in Virginia Beach, Va., completing his 3,700 mile journey. He was greeted by friends, co-workers and a group of more than 20 children from three local Boys & Girls Clubs, who thanked him for his fundraising. Congratulations to Rey for an incredible ride!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 17th — Utica, KY to Sonora, KY — 92 miles It was a pretty routine day. The rolling hills weren't very steep or challenging so we finished early around 2:30 p.m., but since we crossed into the Eastern time zone, we lost an hour. The surroundings in west-central Kentucky are corn and soy fields built into rural residential areas. We saw a wild turkey cross a street, a sight that is rare, at least for me. The rest days are over for this trip, and the next 3 days we will be logging around 100 miles per day as we get closer to the Virginia border. Two riders from Edelman Financial Services are going to join us in Virginia and ride the last 3 days with us to the coast.

I'm looking forward to getting into the last week as we have 8 riding days left. I am trying to stay focused, but mentally it is getting harder. Maybe when we get into Virginia that adrenaline will kick in again as the body and mind is getting a bit worn down. 6.5 hours on the bike today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Uncle Rey, we are reading your blog every day. It's so awesome and we are all counting on you to finish the trek to the Big Blue. I hope you are all doing well and we will see you next weekend. (Can't hardly wait). We love your pics; all of them made us laugh. Especially Popeye. PS we love you and stay safe. BYE.

Unknown said...

Hi Rey:
We are following you every day.
You are doing doing awesome!!!
God bless your tremendous effort
Karin and Ed Bennett

Anonymous said...

Hey Rey -
We're pulling for you to make the BIG FINISH! I'm sure the excitement of it all will kick in and you'll make it into VA and onto the finish line with high spirit and energy! We're still very excited for you and we're looking forward to seeing you all roll into Piedmont in a few days. All the best.
The Washingtons

Anonymous said...

As you come in to the home stretch on your incredible journey and long-time dream, your energy will rebound. You are achieving what only a few can imagine and even fewer can do. What an accomplishment! What memories you will have!

May the wind continue to be at your back as you head toward the Atlantic. Safe trip.

CR

Anonymous said...

Hi Rey: We're following your progress, you are doing great! Say hello to Joannie and Megan! See you soon,

The Wilson's from Buckingham Ave.