Thank You !

I just wanted to add a quick note to thank everyone for their messages and comments. Your words are fueling me everyday as I work my way across this great country. I take nothing for granted; I know how fortunate I am. I count on you not only for my charities but to be with me in spirit everyday of this ride. I look forward to the days ahead and hope you are all doing well.

Update: REY DID IT! Friday, July 25, at 12:42 p.m., Rey arrived at Little Island Park in Virginia Beach, Va., completing his 3,700 mile journey. He was greeted by friends, co-workers and a group of more than 20 children from three local Boys & Girls Clubs, who thanked him for his fundraising. Congratulations to Rey for an incredible ride!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 24th — Halfway Summit, UT to Cedar City, UT 102 miles — We departed at 6:30 a.m. We lost an hour crossing the border so the sun did not rise until around 6:10 a.m. unlike days before when it rose at 5:15 a.m. Today was all about crosswinds. It was apparent after descending the summit where we overnighted this was going to be a tough day. The winds whipped from the southwest at an estimated 20 m.p.h., and since we were heading south, well, you get the picture.

I had to climb three major climbs, Wah Wah Summit (6,439 ft.), Frisco Summit (6,445 ft.) and the last summit which was not named at 6,500 ft. Frisco summit was the toughest since I had to climb starting at 5,000 ft. with the crosswind blowing hard. I met a few riders along the way to Cedar City 90 miles into the ride. A nice young dude by the name of Scott Chambers was towing a 55-lb. trailer. Turns out Scott and his female partner (did not get her name) departed San Francisco in early June and were pedaling about 60 to 80 miles per day. The amazing thing was that he works for the county I live in, Prince William County, Virginia. How weird is that?

Scott, if you read this, I bumped into your partner a few miles down the road. You guys are doing great! Keep the positive thoughts and hope to catch up with you after the trip to compare stories. Take care and stay safe.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rey,

You're knocking out the hardest part! Keep on chugging...

Pat

Anonymous said...

Go! Go! Rey

Keep up the good work ;)

Accounting Amy

Anonymous said...

Everyone....tell all your friends and neighbors about Reys ride. Help him raise money for his charities!!!!Lets go!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rey,Joan,Megan,Uncle Joe,


Keep up your spirit and keep going. We are all routing for you. Stay safe and we love you.

Debbie and the boys.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Rey...most people say
they want to drive cross country...You are biking!!!!
What a fantastic experience.
Thanks for sharing. I love the pictures.....
Continue to Enjoy and BE SAFE!!!!
Smiles,Eva

Anonymous said...

Hello Rey!

You're doing just GREAT! Love the photos on your site...what an adventure :-)

Carol C.

Anonymous said...

Rey-

Amazing ride-keep up the great effort. Remember to keep the search for the meaning of life.
The road will lead you to it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Rey! We are following your travels.........

Tom and Julie Chalk