Thank You !

I just wanted to add a quick note to thank everyone for their messages and comments. Your words are fueling me everyday as I work my way across this great country. I take nothing for granted; I know how fortunate I am. I count on you not only for my charities but to be with me in spirit everyday of this ride. I look forward to the days ahead and hope you are all doing well.

Update: REY DID IT! Friday, July 25, at 12:42 p.m., Rey arrived at Little Island Park in Virginia Beach, Va., completing his 3,700 mile journey. He was greeted by friends, co-workers and a group of more than 20 children from three local Boys & Girls Clubs, who thanked him for his fundraising. Congratulations to Rey for an incredible ride!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

5 days to go...

Things are picking up, and final details are being taken care of. Bike #1 is at the shop in San Francisco, and Bike #2 is supposed to arrive today (always good to have a backup). I have the GPS waypoints stored in the bike computer, (this way I will be told which way to go and can't get lost!) and all the backup maps are finished in case the GPS fails. We have already booked all the RV parks three weeks into the trip. There's nothing left to do but watch the news of the wild fires in Sacramento or the tornado reports in Kansas. I'm hoping all the bad stuff will be done by the time we pass through.

Saturday we are departing for San Francisco. Sunday we pick up the bikes and get a quick fit from the bike shop fitter. Then we will do a dry run on the bike out of town. Monday we will pick up the RV, and Tuesday we will depart from the coast outside Golden Gate Park at 6 a.m. (PST).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Trails Rey! Let's hope with the midwest tornados, your bike stays on the ground.

Anonymous said...

We'll ring the bells for you when you arrive home! Paula & Ed

Anonymous said...

Wind at your back, and all of that. We'll have fun following your progress.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Uncle Rey, really bummed I can't make the ride with you. Keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rey,

Good luck on your treck, we're thinking of you! Say Hi to the girls and thanks for the cards! We are proud of your fundraisers!

We walked for Autism this past fall but your journey will be much more challenging!

Love Jake, Paula, Jessica and Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hey Rey Rey, Hope you have a good time riding across country soon. We love you, tell Megan and Joan we said Hi.

Love Ya, The Vigil Family Poncho, Michelle & Isaiah

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Neighbor! I have the homestead all secure

-Brooklyn (-;