Thank You !

I just wanted to add a quick note to thank everyone for their messages and comments. Your words are fueling me everyday as I work my way across this great country. I take nothing for granted; I know how fortunate I am. I count on you not only for my charities but to be with me in spirit everyday of this ride. I look forward to the days ahead and hope you are all doing well.

Update: REY DID IT! Friday, July 25, at 12:42 p.m., Rey arrived at Little Island Park in Virginia Beach, Va., completing his 3,700 mile journey. He was greeted by friends, co-workers and a group of more than 20 children from three local Boys & Girls Clubs, who thanked him for his fundraising. Congratulations to Rey for an incredible ride!

Monday, June 16, 2008

1 day to go !

Arrived safe and sound in San Francisco. Our dog Buster arrived in good spirits as well and seemed to take all the hubbub in stride. My uncle and I (Uncle Joe, who lives in San Francisco and will be driving the first two weeks of the trip) picked up the bikes yesterday and the RV today, so we are all equipped for the trip, packed and ready to go.

Tomorrow morning we will drive to Ocean Beach, just south of the Golden Gate Bridge, and follow through with the traditional "dipping of the rear wheel" in the Pacific Ocean. Not sure how this tradition started or who was the first to do it, but I like the idea of it. Of course, once you reach the Atlantic Ocean the tradition is to finish with dipping the front wheel. From the beach I will ride to the the Ferry Building next to the famous "Fisherman's Wharf" and embark on the Vallejo Baylink Ferry across the San Francisco Bay to Vallejo and begin our journey. We will post some pictures sometime tomorrow at the start of our "Changing Gears Ride." We are very excited and look forward to finally getting underway.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em Rey!

Anonymous said...

Counting down the minutes with you, Rey!

Anonymous said...

We'll be following your progress along the way. WAY TO GO REY!!

Anonymous said...

Be Safe and Enjoy the Ride!!!
Love and smiles,
Eva

Anonymous said...

Hey Rey Rey

Keep your eyes on the road and be careful. Enjoy the ride! Brian wishes he were riding along side you. Give our love to Joanie, Megan, Uncle Joe & Deb.

Love ya.

Kris, Brian & Nicholas

Anonymous said...

We are with you in spirit!

Anonymous said...

Rey,

I’m a client of Marty Corso’s and read about your wonderful adventure in Ric’s e-mail update, which I received last night. I’m making a donation to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund in memory of my sweet husband, Jack, a former combat Marine and police detective. Jack was a serious bicyclist before he was stricken with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (compliments of exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam). For years, he used his vacation time riding in state-wide, week-long bike rides, but his dream, when he retired, was to do as you’re doing - - ride his bike across the country. Sadly, he is at rest in Arlington National Cemetery now, but he would be excited for you and pleased that you are honoring his military brothers and sisters in your support of the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. Please give Jack a few thoughts as you wend your way through a particularly peaceful back road.

JohnF said...

Sounds like one heck of an adventure, Rey. And I thought the Bike Ride across Iowa was a long one. I'm donating a small amount to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. They've all given so much for us.
ENJOY THE RIDE AND THE SCENERY ALONG THE WAY!

Anonymous said...

That's a cool tradition, Rey. When Al and I did the Across England walk a few years ago, the tradition was to pick up a small stone from the North Sea, carry it across the country and deposit it in the Irish Sea when you finish. I picked up 2 stones and kept one - it's on my desk at home and is a great reminder of our trip. But 250 miles doesn't begin to compare to 3,000!

Enjoy each day!

Deb Smith

Anonymous said...

Have I told you that you're wonderful?

Anonymous said...

May you and your family be blessed with a safe and wonderful ride. Enjoy the scenery!!

Just checking in.

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, thinking of you and hoping you are well on your way. Have a safe trip, all of you, and enjoy the ride.

The Zumbrum family

Anonymous said...

Hey Rey,

Its Deb and the boys how are you doing so far. The boys and I are so excited for you. We cant wait for you to arrive in Maryland and congratulate you on this awesome journey across America. We hope you have a great time and stay safe.

P.S. We are all keeping you in our prayers and hearts.

P.S.S. Don't get too banged up out there and watch for cars (this sentence is by Taylor.)

P.S.S.S hi from Daniel. good luck on your bike trip. give our compliments to Aunty Joanie,Megan, and Uncle Joe.

WE LOVE YOU GUYZ AND WELL KEEP IN TOUCH

THE CHAMPAGNE FAMILY @(^_^)@